Let’s talk about time off management.
If done properly, it makes a huge impact on your culture.
Unfortunately, many U.S. employees feel like vacations are discouraged. A new hire excited about generous PTO becomes disengaged when they notice that their co-workers aren’t taking vacations. Or when they do take a vacation, their manager implies that they should answer client emails or log in remotely to meetings.
PTO is one of the most important benefits to staff members.
Create a vacation culture at your business. Encourage vacations. Set a good example.
Don’t expect employees to check in while they’re away. They should have the chance to disconnect completely.
Vacations improve employee morale and productivity.
WorkforceHUB, the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) from SwipeClock LLC.
WorkforceHUB is uniquely suited for effective time off management.
- timekeeping for salaried, hourly, remote, mobile, and contract workers
- staff member vacation requests
- supervisor approvals
- FMLA administration
- employee scheduling
Summary of 7 Key Findings About Employee Leave
1. Employees rank paid vacation as their second most-valued benefit after health insurance. (Project Time Off)
2. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in 2018 the average PTO for all U.S. employers was 9.7 days annually plus 3-4 days for every 5 years of employment.
3. More than half of U.S. employees forfeit vacation days every year. (U.S. Travel.org)
4. In 2018, American workers failed to use 768 million vacation days. (U.S. Travel.org)
5. Employees who believe their organization encourages vacation report increased job satisfaction. (Project Time Off)
6. Many U.S. organizations expect staff members to work remotely for part of the day while they are away. When this is the case, employees are less likely to benefit physically and emotionally from the time off. (Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, “The Stress Doc”)
7. 54% of organizations that switched to a combined PTO policy had a 10% decrease in unscheduled absences. 4% experienced a decrease of 20%. (The Alexander Hamilton Institute)
What are the risks of poor time off management?
- lower workforce morale
- employee burnout
- higher turnover
- negative employer reputation
- diminished productivity
- FMLA violations
SwipeClock LLC offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and business.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorksPlus Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added recruitment, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is developed for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our SwipeClock LLC ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to set up a demo.